With over 2.55 lakh employees, Coal India Limited (CIL) is a public sector enterprise registered under the Ministry of Coal, Government of India. There are some exciting opportunities to grab and count yourself as a part of CIL.
On the basis of GATE-2021 scores, the company is seeking young, energetic, and dynamic candidates for the post of management trainee in the following disciplines:
*Know the detailed terms on qualification by visiting the official website of CIL*
Take note of these important dates -
Opening date for Online Registration of Applications - Tuesday, 10.08.2021: 10.00 AM
Last date of Online Submission of Applications with Fee - Thursday, 09.09.2021: 11.59 PM
CIL Recruitment Through GATE 2021: Eligibility Criteria
- B.E./B.Tech/B.Sc. or M.Sc./M.Tech applicants must be from a University/Institute recognized by the approved be regular full-time course.
- General, OBC and Economically Weaker Sections (EWS) category candidates must score a minimum of 60% to qualify. For SC, ST, and People with Disabilities (PWD) candidates, 5% relaxation is given in the qualifying mark of 55%.
- A candidate must have completed the degree of minimum eligibility in the academic year 2020-21 or have appeared/appearing in the final semester.
- Candidates who have appeared/appearing for the exam for completion of their minimum required qualification shall also be required to achieve the minimum marks.
- The final semester results of students appearing/appearing in the academic year 2020-21 must be submitted by 30.09.2021, failing which their candidature will be rejected without further notice for the applied position/discipline.
- The candidate must also clear all subjects of the final semester, whichever is applicable, in the academic year 2020-21 in a single attempt and should have also cleared all previous /semesters of the date of declaration of final results.
- Apart from the other required documents, the candidates of the final semester in the academic year, 2020-21 will have to upload their latest semester's mark sheet of relevant minimum education.
CIL Recruitment Through GATE 2021: Application Process
Candidates must apply solely through the link of the CIL website.
The following documents are required when applying:
- A digitized copy of the most recent passport-size colour photo
- A scanned copy of the signature in black ink (jpg/jpeg format)
Following documents are required to be submitted as a pdf format:
- Matriculation / Secondary Board level certificate in support of age
- Certificate for Graduation and Post-Graduation
- Applicants of the final year (2020-21) will be required to upload a copy of the last semester's mark sheet of the relevant minimum educational qualification.
- Applicants belonging to OBCs, SCs and STs must upload a copy of their valid caste certificate in the prescribed format.
- For the PwD category, a copy of a self-attested certificate of the Government of India duly issued by the competent authority must be uploaded.
- Candidates belonging to Economically Weaker Sections (EWS) will have to upload a copy of the valid Income & Asset certificate issued by the competent authority as per OM No.36039/1/2019-Estt (Res) dated 31.01.19 of DoPT, Ministry of PPG &P, Govt of India
- Discharge / Service Certificate in case of Ex-Servicemen. Certificate issued in the prescribed format by the competent authority in respect of J&K domicile.
- Candidates presently employed in Government/Semi-Govt/Public Sector Undertaking/ autonomous bodies should submit a No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the competent authority of their present employer.
Apart from these rules, applicants belonging to the GENERAL/OBC/EWS category are required to pay a non-refundable fee of Rs. 1180.
Applicants belonging to SC/ST/PWD/ employees and subsidiaries of Coal India Limited are exempt from making payment of the application fee.
Payments for an application are only accepted online; no other payment option is available, and once paid, fees are not refunded. Candidates are therefore advised to verify their eligibility before applying.
CIL Recruitment Through GATE 2021: Selection Process
The selection process is based on the scores of GATE-2021. Candidates will be shortlisted in a ratio of 1:1.50 for the further selection process.
GATE-2021 scores will be used to prepare final merit lists for each discipline. For Coal India Limited's Management Trainee Recruitment of 2021 (MT-2021), GATE Scores/Marks from only 2021 will be valid, while those from 2020 or earlier will not be valid.
The final list of selected candidates will be uploaded to the CIL website, and they will be notified.
CIL Recruitment Through GATE 2021: Upper Age Limit
The upper age limit is 30 years as of 04-August-2021 for General & EWS category candidates. Relaxation in upper age limit for OBC – 3 years and for SC/ST – 5 years. For individuals with disabilities: General – 10 years; OBC – 13 years; and SC/ST – 15 years.
The age limit for candidates who are the domicile of J&K during the period from 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989 as per Govt. of India guidelines – 5 years.
Relaxation for ex-servicemen category candidates is as per extant Govt. of India guidelines.
*The Upper Age Limit is relaxed subject to the condition that the maximum age of the applicant on the crucial date, i.e. 04-August-2021, shall not exceed 56 years. *
CIL Recruitment Through GATE 2021: Payscale
Here comes the interesting part! During the training period, selected candidates will be placed in grade E-2 as Management Trainees in the range of * 50,000 - 1, 60,000/- with an initial basic salary of * 50,000/- per month.
Following completion of the one-year training period and the passing of the test conducted for the purpose, regularization will be in E-3 Grade at an initial Basic of *60,000/- and probation for one year, if not extended.
Applicants will also be entitled to Dearness Allowance, HRA, perquisites, and allowances under the cafeteria approach as well as Performance Related Pay (PRP) depending on the post. As per company regulations, benefits such as leave, medical benefits, CMPF, CPS, gratuities, and the Executive Defined Contribution Pension Scheme will be available.
Depending on the location of employment, the Company's financial performance and an individual's performance rating, a person's remuneration may vary.
Certain tentative vacancies are also mentioned on the website that could turn out to be wonderful career opportunities if seized at the right time. Pull up your socks and get ready to ace all opportunities that come your way. Be sure to explore the official website for detailed information before applying and appearing for the examinations. Good luck!