CSIR-IICB is one of the major laboratories in India which initiated, right from its inception, multidisciplinary concerted efforts for conducting basic research on infectious diseases. The scientific staff has expertise in a variety of areas including chemistry, biochemistry, cell biology, molecular biology, neurobiology and immunology which promotes productive interdisciplinary interaction.
A major goal of the scheme is to promote academic excellence in CSIR labs and to generate high level science by providing opportunities for GATE qualified BTech graduates. They are available exclusively at CSIR laboratories and JRFs selected under this scheme will have excellent opportunities to work with CSIR scientists and take advantage of state-of-the-art facilities.
- Date for the walk-in-Interview: 28/09/2021
- Reporting Time: 10.00 AM to 10.30 AM
- Job title: JRF(GATE)
- Number of post opening: Two
- Stipend: Rs.31,000/- Plus other allowances as admissible.
- Age Limit: 28 years
Qualification needed for CSIR-IICB JRF (GATE):
For this position, only candidates with a B.Tech in Biotechnology and a valid GATE score who obtain at least 85 percentile are eligible.
Know how to apply for CSIR-IICB JRF (GATE):
- At the time of the interview, the age and qualifications will be considered. According to the rules, the upper age limit can be relaxed for SC / ST / OBC / PH and women candidates.
- Participants meeting the above criteria can attend the walk-in interview on 28.09.2021 at 10:00 AM at the JC Ray Auditorium, Jadavpur Campus.
- Candidates to bring following documents –
- Matriculation Certificate in support of your date of birth,
- Degree/Diploma Certificate
- Original reprints of all testimonials regarding educational qualifications
- No objection certificate from the employer if employed
- Final Marksheet of B.Tech/B.Pharm Examination
- Documentary evidence of qualifying GATE/GPAT examination
- One recent passport size photograph.
Please note to bring original as well as self attested copies. Candidates selected through this interview would be encouraged to register for Ph.D. in CSIR.
- Candidates can download the application from here.
- For any additional information, please visit the official website.
We wish all candidates participating in the examination the very best of luck. Don't forget to follow the guide and do the best you can.